That’s pretty much what I’ve been doing the past several weeks..preparing and sending out survey packets. These are the unseen steps towards getting a survey packet to a participant:
1. Get the surveys, business reply envelopes (BRE), and envelopes with return adddress printed at the Printing Services. I’ll send an email to Jose with all the pdf files attached and about 4 business days later I’ll get boxes of survey supplies.
2. Printing out address and coding labels. But first I have to enter all the participants info (address etc) into an excel spreadsheet, this step I did about 6 months ago. And I have to mail merge word and excel files to print out the mailing labels.
3. Photocopy invitation letters. Bringing 20lb color paper to the photocopy room. This is my only avenue of creativity in the whole survey preparation process…I get to choose the color of the paper 🙂 And then fold the invitation letter into thirds.
4. Stuffing envelopes with survey, invitation letter, and BRE.
5. Stick coding labels on the surveys..to keep track of who responded and who haven’t.
6. Stick address labels.
7. Send survey packets to the Mailing Room and they’ll seal and mail the packets.
My report at the PBS meeting today:
1. 500 surveys sent out last week.
2. Another 150 surveys will be ready to be sent out soon.
So I’ve prepared 650 survey packets in about 2 weeks. That’s my rice bowl.